It’s Feast week! For those of you who are new here, Feast is a food festival in Portland, Oregon. The festival highlights the amazing talent, creations, products and innovation in the food industry, in the Pacific Northwest. If you live in the Portland Metro area I highly recommend you try to attend some of the events surrounding Feast Portland.
There are the Main Events:
– Sandwich Invitational
– Oregon Grand Bounty Tasting (Friday and Saturday events)
– Night Market (sold out!)
– Brunch Village
These are the marquee events which host hundreds of vendors from around the Pacific Northwest. These are the biggest events with the most to see and do. If you are strapped for cash, the Oregon Grand Bounty is your ticket! That event gives you a great sampling of food, wine, spirits etc. If you are okay to splurge, I would recommend Brunch Village! All things breakfast with amazing vendors!
After attending Feast Portland last year, I want to give you a couple tips before the weekend!
1. Drink water. Last year, the weather was especially hot and water was essential. Regardless of the heat, these are very active and engaging events. You will get to try many different food and drink options. Stay hydrated as you make your way through.
2. Bring a camera. Feast events are incredible! They create an amazing atmosphere for you to enjoy these Pacific Northwest creations. You may even see some celebrity chefs along the way. Remember to tag @FeastPortland on social media!
3. Go with friends/family. These events are a great way to get out there and see what the Portland food scene has to offer. Bring your friends! You will have great memories to share.
4. Prepare for weather. Fall in the Pacific Northwest is unpredictable. Make sure to check the weather before attending your event and bring any jacket, hat, umbrella etc you may need. You wouldn’t have to spoil the fun by not being prepared.
5. Experience! Feast vendors will showcase new, interesting and creative food/drink. Mentally prepare yourself to try new things! Taste something you might not have purchased from the store. You will surprise yourself with the amazing flavors and unique products.
So excited for Feast to begin! Can’t wait to see familiar faces and meet new friends.