I am all for anything easy and tasty when it comes to cooking….and did I mention easy? So crock pot cooking is ideal in my book. I also loved all the ingredients in this recipe so I thought…lets do this.
This recipe is the definition of easy. I love the flavors of this soup and there isn’t anything better than a hearty soup on an Autumn’s night. (!!!!!) I’m excited at the thought.
First you need your ingredients:
You can’t really see the cream cheese hiding back there. Also- I used ground turkey, but any ground meat would work.
Then you need to brown the meat. Season with salt & pepper.
Once that is browned drain it and put it to the side. Then add all the other ingredients into the crock pot!
Then add the browned meat and cover. Put on low for 4-5 hours.
I went back and checked on it a few times. It just smelled SO good. It just sat there teasing me every time I walked into the kitchen.
After time is up…take of the lid, ladle some heaping spoonful into your bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese and pepper to taste. Gobble it up!
Here is the recipe again:
- 1 (15 oz.) container of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage or any ground meat
- 3-4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 box of chopped baby Bella’s ( optional: I love mushrooms)
- 2 cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 a cup or half a block low-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a skillet & season on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
- Add the sausage and remaining ingredients to a crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook, on LOW for 5 hours.
- Eat up!
Love, easy recipes xo