I have been cooking up a storm lately. Be on the lookout for a lot of recipes coming your way. I want to expand my efforts in the kitchen so I have been making a lot of new recipes.
Alfredo sauce in just about any instance is always a great thing. I found a couple recipes online for an Alfredo sauce and just worked with I had in my pantry. It turned out as Bacon, Spinach Alfredo.
Let’s start with the ingredients and get working!
It turned out amazing! I am excited for you guys to try this.
1 pound of pasta (fettuccine, angel hair, penne are my recommendations)
pasta water as needed
1/4 cup of butter
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups of baby spinach
Optional: fresh spinach to top
– Prepare pasta according to the package
– Melt the butter in sauce pan over medium heat and add in garlic
– Add in 1/4 of pasta water and let cook for 1-2 min
– Add in your cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 min
– Whisk in slowly, your grated Parm. This should thicken up your sauce. Stir until melted 1-2 min.
– Add in your bacon and spinach until wilted slightly
– Add in drained pasta and combine
– Top with fresh spinach pieces, parsley, more parm (duh), and pepper