If you didn’t know- Valentine’s Day is this week. While there are parts of Valentine’s Day I think are a bit cheesy, that said I do enjoy a good excuse for date night! D and I love a good date night dinner. Last week we were invited to try Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse at the new ilani Casino. ilani and Michael Jordan’s Steak House are almost a year old, but completely new to me!
The ilani Casino is a new “gaming, dining, entertainment and meeting destination in the Pacific Northwest and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The design of the 368,000 square-foot casino resort will project the culture of the Northwest and pay tribute to the heritage of the Cowlitz Tribe.” (ilaniresort.com) D and I have been to Vegas a time or two, and enjoy a night out for dinner and some cards. There are several Native American casinos in Oregon, but I must say- this is about as close to Vegas as I’ve ever seen outside of Sin City. ilani is complete with amazing restaurants including Michael Jordan’s Steak House.
What to Order
Michael Jordan’s Steak House is a fine dining experience through and through. Most noteworthy it’s romantic, private, and the food is outstanding. We were truly amazed at the knowledgeable staff, local ingredients, and timeless dishes. If you are looking for a classic steak house experience for date night- you need to try Michael Jordan’s Steak House. Here’s what our group ordered:
- Garlic Bread with a Rogue Creamery Blue Cheese Fondue (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
- Seared Sea Scallops, Warm Roasted Mushroom Salad, White Bean Garlic Puree (HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
- Caesar Salad, Olive Oil Croutons, Parmesan Cheese
- MJ’s Delmonico 16 oz USDA Prime, Dry Aged 45 days, Ginger- Balsamic Jus
- New York Strip 14 oz USDA Prime, Wet- Aged 28 Days, Topped with Crab, Asparagus, and Tarragon (LOVED!)
- Tillamook Mac & Cheese, Three Cheddar Cheese
- 23 Layer Chocolate Cake- Enough said!
In conclusion, Michael Jordan’s Steak House is a must! It’s perfect for a special date night. They still have some last minute spots open for Valentine’s Day as well. For more information and reservations- check out their website!